How to wear post-gym "dirty" hair
If you want long, healthy hair, stop washing your hair every day. Yes, even your sweaty gym hair. Daily hair washing can dry out hair, can make hair look dull, and can fade color-treated hair more quickly. Shampooing every day strips essential oils from you hair so it causes it to produce more oil. By letting it go an extra day or two, sebum production becomes regulated. Most people can get away with washing their hair 2-4 times a week and have happier locks. If you want to freshen up your locks in between shampoos, use a dry shampoo. Cutting down on your shampoos also saves you time and money!
Post work-out tips:
- Cool off before you get into the shower, allowing your body temperature to settle down.
- Wear a shower cap and shower with cooler water. Cooler water is also better for your skin that you already depleted from your work out.
- Take time to brush the hair roots to ends to distribute natural oils and sweat.
- Flip your head over with the dryer on warm first, then cool to get any moisture out of your hair.
- After your hair is cool, brush again and spray dry shampoo at the roots. Use sparingly as too much can make your hair feel too dry. Don't spray directly on your part. Let it sit for a minute or so and then with your fingers massage and distribute throughout the hair. Don't touch for five minutes, then brush hair thoroughly and style. Play around with this on a weekend or a time when you can experiment.
- Use a curling iron or flat iron, to help your style last longer. Experiment with different fun ways of putting your hair up. YouTube is a great source of fun easy ways for do-it-yourself hair. Try some easy fun hair accessories.