Microblading is the newest evolution in eyebrow enhancement! Microblading is a semi-permanent eyebrow procedure for those who want to fully reconstruct, define, cover gaps, or fill-in over plucked brows.
Two hour appointment, includes first fill-in appointment at 4-5 weeks
Touchups are recommended regularly to maintain the look and structure of your microblading service
A credit card is required for all microblading appointments. 50% of the scheduled service price will be charged for cancellations with less than 48 hours notice.
Q & A
What is Microblading?
Microblading is a semi-permanent eyebrow procedure for those who want to fully reconstruct, define, cover gaps, or fill-in over plucked brows. Pigmentation is deposited into the superficial dermis of the skin with a disposable microblade which creates fine, crisp hair strokes that look like natural hair. The hair stroke designs follow the direction of the client’s natural hair growth pattern rather than a one-size-fits-all template.
Is there anything I need to know before having the procedure?
- Do not wax or tint your eyebrows 7 days prior to the procedure. We recommend a waxing appointment the week before your scheduled microblading.
- Avoid exercise, tanning, Vitamin E, Aspirin and Ibuprofen 48 hours prior to the procedure.
- Avoid alcohol on the day of the procedure.
- Discontinue use of Retin-A near the brows area for 6 weeks prior to scheduling an appointment.
- Schedule your appointment for the procedure prior to your Botox appointment.
How do I care for my new eyebrows?
- Avoid water around the brow area during the healing process, which is usually 5 – 7 days. Apply after-care products as recommended by your Real Brows® Professional.
- For better color retention, the formation of thin scabs is ideal, therefore keeping the brows dry during the day and using a thick coat of Vaseline (not Aquaphor) to cover them only when showering, washing face or instances where the brows could get wet will aid in forming a thin epithelial crust (scab).
- Do not pick the epithelial crust (scab) that forms. Allow it to flake off naturally. Picking can result in loss of pigment (color) loss.
How many treatments will I require?
In most cases, the initial treatment followed by a retouch appointment in about 4-5 weeks is all that is needed until the strokes fade over time. Note: Rare cases may require a 3rd treatment. If you have large pores and oily skin directly in the brow area, there is a chance that you may need a 3rd treatment.
What can I expect when I arrive to my appointment?
You will be given a consent form plus a few other froms to sign, then relax on a treatment table while the technician outlines your new brows to a shape that you desire. After that the technician will "clean up" your brows by removing a few hairs, then apply an anesthetic cream to the area to minimize discomfort. Your technician will use a special tool and a pigment color that matches your brow’s hair color to draw the hair-like strokes on your skin. A special ointment is applied after the procedure to help with the healing process. You should plan about 2 hours for your initial appointment.
Will it look natural?
Yes, treatment will look exactly like real brow hairs!! Immediately after the treatment the color will appear darker for the first 7-14 days. After that, you will lose approximately 50% of color intensity.
What kind of pigments are used?
We use quality plant based cream pigments specifically manufactured for implantation into human skin. Our Cream Pigments are inorganic (meaning they are semi-permanent).
Who can benefit from this treatment?
Women or Men who:
- have over-plucked & sparse brow hair
- have gaps or scars where the hair will not grow back
- are suffering from Alopecia (hair loss)
- have mostly faded color from an old eyebrow tattoo
- want a particular shape for their eyebrows
Candidates who are interested in the microblading should consult their physician under the following circumstances: diabetic, pregnant and lactating, are taking Accutane and blood-thinning medicines. People with skin diseases such as psoriasis, eczema and/or undiagnosed rashes must be clear of these conditions in the eyebrow area. Those with allergies to makeup, colors or black hair dye will need to take a 24 hour patch test.
Botox – Schedule your microblading appointment prior to your Botox appointment.
You must have written permission from your physician if you are taking Coumadin or Heparin.
Is it safe?
Absolutely. Sterilized, disposable needles and supplies are used during the process.
Is this the same as an eyebrow tattoo?
No. Our microblading method is performed just under the surface of the skin. Thus, making it semi-permanent and a much safer treatment than eyebrow tattoos. Not to mention – better looking! .